A Visit To One Of The Wonders Of The World

12 comments
Finally my dream came true. A dream to see one of the seven wonders of the world. I have read about people who traveled to all the wonders of the world and about people who completed their journey within a span of just 13 days! You know, I just wanted to visit ONE of them, and here I am - the one that represents Freedom!

On my visit I learned new things about this great Statue, which I love to share with everyone. The Statue of Liberty represents many things, like friendship between nations and freedom from oppression. Historically, the Statue of Liberty is important because she was given to the U.S. by France to celebrate America’s first 100 years as a nation.


Lady Liberty’s classic stature, face, and attire come from the Roman goddess Libertas, who also represents freedom from tyranny and oppression. The crown is reminiscent of a halo and its spikes show similarities to those of the sun gods–the Roman Apollo, and the Greek Helios. Her right foot is raised as if she is continually on the move, forever bringing freedom to others.


Lady carries enlightenment to the world with the forever-lit torch (Liberty’s original name was Liberty Enlightening the World). Along with tools, the ability to create fire is one of the skills that led to civilization as we know it. Fire is symbolic of knowledge and brings light to the people.

As she bid goodbye to us in the evening, I realized that it was a trip that will stay close to my heart forever. 

Linking to Skywatch Friday
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

12 comments:

  1. Perfect posting for SWF. Lady [Ms.] Liberty is my kind of gal.

    ReplyDelete